Monday, September 04, 2006

Carrier bag saving leads to £50 million rescue-service investment

I was amazed to read today that DSG International, the company who own the Currys brand, have announced a £50 million investment over the next five years to a IT 'rescue service' which will see Curry's experts making up to 16,000 home visits every week to solve household technology emergencies and train customers on how to use their equipment. 16,000 a week? Surely, it wouldn't take more than two visits at most??
However, the reason behind my surprise was that when I recently bought a laptop from Currys, I was informed that they didn't have enough big carrier bags due to cuts. I guess the old adage is true: You always find money for what you need.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?