Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lib Dem Leadership Latest. 4 becomes 2 1/2












Oaten. Lost. Badly.

Much like Derek Redmond in the 1992 Olympic 400m semi-final, Mark Oaten has pulled up with quite a way to go. I find it amusing that the man who stood on a platform of metamorphosising the Lib Dumbs into a "truly modern 21st century party" has seen his chances go up in smoke already. Perhaps prophetic?
It is believed that Mr Oaten only had the support of a small handful of MPs. I think most of them were Conservative or Labour members. A statement is expected at 15:30 but as there is nothing else to say you don't need to tune in.
So then there were 2 (Campbell and Hughes) and a 1/2 (Who? Huhne). As it appears Viscount Thurso is destined not to stand, full support must be given to Who? in the hope that someone can re-hash the classic Abbott and Costello skit of "Who's on? Yes Who. But Who?" - probably better to watch, than to read.

Comments:
Wow, not only did I post something similar - we chose the same photo!

Spooky!!!

:-)
 
What ever happened to Lembit ? I think I might start an Opik appreciation society. I think I'll even try getting into his 'close circle of friends' so that I may use his custom made asteroid shelter for when the time comes.........
 
Is your technology working again?
 
No, it isn't am having to put them up manually and is well annoying
 
Who is the President of China.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?