Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's a funny old game



If Greece winning Euro 2004 taught us anything it was that even the biggest long-shot can turn form and class upside down and steal the tournament - so with this in mind, and as unlikely as it is, you shouldn't (not insinuating that you have) rule out Iran or Saudi Arabia. I cannot seriously believe I have typed that. Neither of them will qualify from their first group stage. There! I've done it. That's a prediction, I'd even be tempted to bet on it although I am not a betting Bull by nature.
The strength of my conviction has been determined by the Guardian who have kindly listed all the World Cup squads. Well follow this link and see if you can see why I don't fancy our Middle-East pals' chances that much. I hope FIFA are not dropping a hint...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?