Monday, July 31, 2006

Who says cheats never prosper?

Whilst away on my hols, I was saddened to see that the four cheating Italian clubs: Fiorentina; Lazio; Juve and AC Milan have had their, to my mind fair, penalties slashed on appeal. Wow. A gutless football authority buckling under pressure. That must be a first.
Now either these clubs are guilty of having cheated or not. Either they influenced results or not. Of course, they did - they were proved guilty, but now Lazio and Fiorentina are back in Serie A (at the expense presumably of two clubs who are not guilty of match fixing and cheating) and AC Milan will be permitted to enter the Champions League preliminary qualifiers.
Money talks...

Comments:
I expected this to happen. It is obvious that the corruption goes right to the top. Why else would refs and Juventus' top swindler Moggi get only 4 year bans. Would you trust a ref that has been proved corrupt in the past? Nah neither would I, the scale of the corruption is stupendous. I doubt Italy honestly won the WC, that's how high it is. Does anyone think Sepp Blatter isn't bent as a nine bob note?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?