Monday, September 11, 2006

Managerial sack race

It is always fun to hear the fickler fans' take on their managers. Already this season I have heard fans lament the performances of Martin Jol, Arsene Wenger and Rafa Benitez. Although, I don't have much time for Spurs (in no small part because of their fans), Jol is the best manager they have had in years. Wenger is a great manager and there's not a lot more to say about him. Whilst Benitez has not done that much at Liverpool apart from win the Champions League...
However, the two who are scrapping in a race to the Jobcentre must be Glenn 'the Smallest Mouth in football' Roeder and Stuart Pearce. Simply out, Newcastle are a shambles. They have a quality keeper, a quality midfield and a potentially half useful attack. At the back they are beyond hopeless. My feelings on Roeder are hardly a well kept secret, I don't rate him and never had. Pearce on the other hand, I sort of do rate; a bit. But City just look rubbish most of the time.
So I would say Roeder will be the first to go.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?