Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Worst England Test XI
1) Chris Tavare - that walk to square leg...
2) Mark Lathwell - on debut walking out to open the batting confided in Atherton "I don't know why they're cheering I'll be back in a minute."
3) Bill Athey - had a tattoo of the England flag, little else of note.
4) Mark Ramprakash - immensely talented. You always knew there was a duck just around the corner.
5) Richard Blakey † - narrowly pipped Geraint Jones.
6) David Capel - the first in a long line of heirs to Ian Botham. And the worst.
7) Derek Pringle * - the single worst cricketer I have ever seen (and more boring than Tavare.)
8) Richard Dawson - fish out of water.
9) Eddie Hemmings - fat and never forgiven him for hitting the last ball of the match, bowled by John Lever, for 4 to win the 1989 NatWest trophy. So what I was only 10? It still hurts.
10)Paul Allott - rubbish player, worse commentator.
11)Martin McCague - Australia must have been crying with laughter when we capped him.
PS. Where's my link? :-)
tavare had an average over 30 but was the most dull bat ever (apart from Pringle). sadly no room for all the shower we have fielded down the years.
anonymous - ramps would always make my worst team. everyone knew how good he was, but an average of 27 off over 50 test is piss.
Links to this post: