Thursday, January 25, 2007

Let them eat Zimbabwean beef

For those of you without flash photography, we are living in dangerous times. But by criminy, we are. I don't know about you, but I regularly fear for my safety. And that's just when I'm on the Tube.
Given these thank God above, that I work in the House of Commons and that I am on hand to see - at first hand, no less - how the wonderful male and female representatives work tirelessly for the security of our nation. Now one thing that really has been playing on my mind has been Zimbabwean meat in the NHS.
You too? It sure is refreshing I'm not alone on this one. That scourge of the hopeless and hapless, John Wrathall has drawn the following question to my attention. And full credit to John Hayes, MP for South Holland & The Deepings who has got his finger on the pulse. Aint no doubt about it.

Mr. Hayes: To ask the Secretary of State for Health what currency the NHS uses to purchase Zimbabwean beef; who the NHS purchasers are of such beef; and what volume of beef was bought by each purchaser in the last period for which figures are available. [107069]

Andy Burnham: As far as we are aware there is no central sourcing of beef from Zimbabwe on behalf of the NHS.


Yeh Burnham. Who? I want some bloody names. And what currency do they use? What answer does he truly expect?

Andy Burnham: The Honourable Member will be interested to learn that Dave picks up the beef off some dodgy type down Spitalfield. He pays for it with old drachmas he's found down the back of the sofa.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?