Monday, November 20, 2006

I love babies...but I couldn't eat a whole one.

As staff of the House know, the Debate cafeteria is a bit w*nky and is prone to such rubbish gastronomic misadventures as Great British Food Fortnight and Welsh Cheese Week (remember that one?). However, after a cursory glance at today's menu it appeared that the Debate had, in fact, crossed the line between distasteful (as in food) and distasteful (as in morals) with the following option on the menu, suitable for vegetarians no less:

Placenta with Roasted Vegetables and Crisp Salad

My inital reaction was one of shock, I thought it was purely money for old rope; so conceive of my relief when upon re-reading this, I saw that it was actually Polenta which unless I am very much mistaken is the Italian for umbilical cord.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?